Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chocolatinis in South Beach...A New Twist on the Modern Bridal Shower


I was recently asked by my good friend and editor of New Jersey Bride, Molly Tully, to help her with a new article about bridal showers that she was writing for the upscale magazine Park Place. When she told me the focus was CHOCOLATE and that the real star of the article was my dear friend Diane Pinder, owner of Donna Toscana/Shop Donna in Cranford...I was really excited! My task....design a unique bridal shower inside Diane's chocolate boutique. At first I was going to design something using the exisiting decor and Tuscan architecture, but that all changed as soon as I heard from my good friend that she booked a weekend getaway to the beautiful South Beach, FL. THAT WAS IT!!!! MY INSPIRATION!!!! I was going to design a bridal shower and the theme would be CHOCOLATINIS IN SOUTH BEACH!!!! From there I just went crazy! I called on my best vendors (Touch of Elegance, Cam Turner Design, Jersey Street Furniture, Cakes By Stef, Table Wraps) and told them my vision...As you can see from the pics below, the room turned out fabulous! I also have to give a big thanks to my gorgeous models (current and former PBW clients) Ashley, Eva, Courtney and Shannon...you ladies rocked! And of course, I had my #1 girl Monique in there as well. Special thanks to Molly Tully, Sharon Cain and Laura Moss. It was such a pleasure working with all of you! I can't wait to see the magazine spread in January! And of course...a HUGE thank you to Diane Pinder of Shop Donna/Donna Toscana...as usual your chocolates, fondue and yummy chocolatinis were beyond delicious!